Anyway, so I'm doing it Mr. Winter or Jack/Jane frost - I'm calling you out. We're ready: the Honda is winterized, we bought a snow shovel, we bought a sled....we just need you. Bring it on... show us your badass self.....what is this I've heard of a Nor'Easter?? Let's see it!!! (just please arrive on the weekend and with plenty of warning so Greg isn't stuck on the bike path exposed to your full fury!)
Friday, December 5, 2008
Where's Winter???
Notice the header photo of Greg and I in Hawaii? We were hiking the pillboxes, hence the great view of Kailua where we lived. If you had a magnifying glass you could even spot our old house! It is a funny choice of photo for December but I'm not inspired by any of the brown, drab scenery here in Massachusetts. Now, I'm sure I'm tempting fate by calling winter out here, but I have to do it....where the heck are ya????? Don't you know its my first winter in 4 years and I'm hoping for some of the white stuff???? Even Kai is unimpressed. When we head out for our walks he kinda looks at me like "What else ya got mom?" I don't blame him: there are no flowers and plushy green grass, there are no colourful and crunchy autumn leaves....just hard, brown earth. We haven't even had a nice light dusting of the white stuff. Last Sunday we had "precipitation." I'll call it that b/c I'm not entirely sure what it was. It wasn't quite freezing rain, it wasn't quite hail, it wasn't quite regular old rain and it wasn't quite snow. Well, there might have been a few wet snow flakes mixed in there. We celebrated them like fools, looking out the window and cheering, thinking that they were the frontrunners of big, fluffy flakes to come but it wasn't to be that fateful Sunday afternoon....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ohhh, you've done it now! I can see it on the news now, "Massachusetts is being hit by a strong blizzard, so strong you'd almost think that somebody dared ol' Jack Frost or something... take cover folks!"
Love the pic of the tree BTW! =)
Post a Comment