Sunday, December 21, 2008

Winter Wonderland!!!!!



We are so lucky! It started snowing on Friday afternoon and it really hasn't stopped yet! Of course there are some downfalls to this. The roads are bad so we have had to cancel stuff like a brunch with our friends today and Kai's much needed hair cut. But it feels so Christmassy and we're getting a chance to orient Kai to his new climate.

Greg and I are trying to get in some workouts despite the fact that the sidewalks are snowy and icy and cycling is out of the question. Even getting to the gym would be tough today. Our workouts look like this: Shovel 10 repeats X 40 sets (repeat every few hours) - or like this - Run up hill in snow carrying toddler 3 X 50. (We know that posting workouts on blogs is THE thing to do these days ;-)

With all the snow our toboggan track has slowed down considerably so I had to do some work to get it fast again. So I practiced my luge technique. This included launching myself onto said toboggan and catching the back end of it right between the bottom of my quadriceps and the top of my kneecaps. Ouch!!! But Kai was watching so I sucked it up like a (he-wo)man and plummeted to the bottom of our yard.

We then broke out the baby sled and took Kai for a jaunt around the neighborhood. He loved it and complained a bit when Mama and Dada decided it was time to go in and get warm. But better to quit while you're ahead we're figured. It'll be a long 3 winters in MA if Kai decides he doesn't like snow!!!!!

So seeing as it seems that I am channelling Old Man Winter, I have a new request. How 'bout we just forget about that really unnecessary freezing rain that is in the forecast? You see we have family who will be flying in (and driving down) this week and we'd really like their flights to be on time. Maybe you could take that into consideration and let us keep this nice fluffy stuff. Freezing rain is kinda like coal in your stocking and that sure doesn't speak of the Christmas spirit now does it kind sir?

Here is a little video of some of our fun today!

No comments: