This is my really cool new winter running set up: winterized running shoes and Yak Tracks.
The weather outside was frightful: rain, rain, rain - washing away all of our snow. But there was plenty of ice and slush so I figured it was perfect conditions to try out my new gifts. Theses gifts were specially designed to put an end to any winter running excuses. I headed out the door and ran along the icy sidewalk until I was forced to move to the road because of way too much snow. My Yak Tracks aren't snowshoes after all.
Because they're not meant for road running, I ended up carrying my Yak Tracks in my hands for most of my run, all the while wishing I had worn the sweet running gloves that I found in my stocking. And because I carried them all the way, I decided to finish up the last mile of my run in the forest so that I could at least try them out for more than a few minutes. They were great and turned what would have been a very wet, frustrating trudge through the woods into a fast and fun run that left me wishing that the trail by our house was a few miles longer.
Then I re-entered our den to find my cub had just woken from his nap and Dada bear was busy preparing his snack. Back to hiberating for a little while but I'll have to fit in a few more runs before I try out another one of my Christmas gifts - my high tech percent body fat scale!
2 comments:
What fun Christmas gifts! Good job Santa :-) My Christmas gift from Santa will keep me in shape too...only I'll be using the ocean instead! Ryan got me a stand-up paddle for his stand-up board (His was way to tall for me). I can't wait to try it out. It's been really windy, which isn't conducive to stand-up surfing so I'll have to try out my gift later :-) By the way, the Kaloo Bear was very useful last night. Thank goodness it was charged!
Hey Louise - I got some yak tracks last year. I love them for walking the dog on the trails around our house, but I find that they hurt my feet if I run in them for very long (however, most people I know love them for running). Your Christmas sounds so nice. It's funny to read how happy you were to see snow - I have been cursing the snow here over the last couple of weeks! Between our steep driveway and our chief snowshovler being out of commission, I have been dreaming of a green Christmas... Sledding with Kai sure looks fun! What a cutie pie he is!
Tavi
Post a Comment