Kai took a big nap today (3 hours!). It was that kind of a nappy sort of day. Unfortunately, his mommy didn't and instead spun around the house trying to finish unpacking but without focus or direction, didn't get too much done. Should have taken that nap!
Later today after Greg got home from school I actually got to ride dirt!!! I've tested out each of my bikes this week so tonight it was time to take out my Blur Baby! I discovered a trail that leads from Bedford to Concord. It is a combo of double and single track. I wouldn't call it mountain biking; its pretty buff but it was still nice to be riding through the forest and not on the road. I came across a home made sign that was hard to read. I got up closer to it and it said "WARNING- VERY HYPER 2 1/2 YEAR OLD BORDER COLLIE" WTH??? I wasn't sure what that was supposed to mean but I figured it probably wasn't good so I hightailed it out of there and rode a few miles on the famed Minuteman bike trail - getting a taste of Greg's ride to school everyday. I also sampled a little bit of the 3rd bike path that originates in Bedford and heads to the town of Billerica, to the North of us. So, leaving from Bedford you can ride bike paths/trails North, West and East into the big city!
Just before arriving home I scooted into a little piece of single track that is right outside our house. We have walked this path a few times and technically I think it belongs to the senior citizen's village that is across the road from us. There were no NO BIKING signs but I'm sure the trail is intended for the more spritely elders to amble along and not for some crazy lady on her black bike! But it was starting to get dark so I poached it anyway and it was fun, fun, fun!!! At least for someone who hasn't been on her mountain bike in too many months! There were some slimy bridges and a few rooty sections. A tree had blown down from Tuesday's storm but I thought better of attempting to ride over it, figuring Greg and Kai did want me home sometime this evening! So, overall, this Massachusetts thing isn't working out too badly so far!
No comments:
Post a Comment