Saturday, June 21, 2008

A Very Busy Time!

Things at the Fennell household just got a whole lot busier!  As if starting grad school at MIT (I know its just Greg but when one family member is in grad school, you're all in grad school), cooking meals with one pot and one knife, following around an on the move one year old, continually getting lost on windy, non-intuitive Massachusetts roads (never mind learning to spell Massachusetts), and trying to fit in the odd workout wasn't busy enough. 

Well the long awaited moment happened and our furniture arrived!!!! Friday morning at 6:45 am we got the knock at the door and two big trucks holding our worldly possessions sat waiting in the driveway. Throughout the move I attended what I could of a professional conference held in downtown Boston. So, I finally got to see a little of the city and got to peek at the Atlantic ocean for the first time since arriving. Greg was busy with the movers so this meant Kai went to his first "real" babysitter. By "real" I mean that it wasn't one of his grandparents and it wasn't Kelley or Jo. I definitely had more separation anxiety than he did and he did just fine. In fact, I think he really enjoyed his day with two big boys (age 4 and 7) and now wishes he had big brothers. When I phoned from the conference to check on him, I could hear him loudly ordering everyone around. It went like this "Da Da Ma Ma Ba Ba Ba Ba!!!!!!"

So now the Fennells sit amongst a heap of boxes of household items (although the bikes have been put together, thank you very much). I know it's already been over 24 hrs. Why isn't the house put together yet you ask? Well, you see, one year olds don't help unpack and they don't sit quietly while their parents do. So, this afternoon was spent at a nearby water park while Kai had the time of his life running through fountains of water that the 7 year olds were looking at warily and soaking his worried parents in the process, and the house remains unpacked. But hey, we had a great afternoon.....

No comments: