There is the diner on Edmonton Trail in Calgary. I can't remember the name....maybe Diner Deluxe???? I remember well their vanilla bean hot cereal and chai tea warmed by your own personal candle.
Then there is that wonderful place in Revelstoke, BC where Blackie and I ate during our mountain bike trip from Victoria to Calgary in 2004. I have no idea what the place is called but I'll never forget the museli with steamed milk green tea and strawberries on top. Delish!
Then of course there are the Victoria joints. My favorite brekkie at the ReBar in Bastion Square was the "Sunday Paper." This was made up of brie cheese, fruit and a toasted Mt. Royal bagel. After squishing the brie on top of the bagel and ordering a side of two poached eggs, this was a perfect way to start the day! Although any day started with a Mt. Royal bagel promises to be a good day (so long as you don't put yours in a plastic bag ;-)
I may very well have saved the best for last.....Peasant Toast at the Blue Fox on Fort Street in Victoria. For the yet to be initiated this is multigrain french toast covered with some kind of yogourt sauce, almonds, bananas, syrup and other fruit. The hot oatmeal served at the Blue Fox comes with hot apples, dried cranberries and steamed milk....okay, I think I need to go get myself something to eat!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, my mouth is salivating! I have to give two votes...one for the peasant toast and one for the bagel (I think it was at Mt. Royal, the cinnamon one that was crispy but gooey and defintely a no-no to put in the plastic bag) I think we'll have to go back to Victoria just for the food stops :-)
Post a Comment