Speaking of the little Casanova, he's turned into quite the smoocher of late. I got home the other day and sat down to play with Kai and Louise. Louise said, "Kai, give Daddy kiss!" and he spins around and starts rocketing towards my face from 5 feet away with his lips puckered and his eyes set dead-serious. I thought he was going to knock us both out! But after a quick smooch, he chomped on bunny for a bit and motored on, giving Louise a nose-nuzzle along the way.
Louise also brought him for a haircut this afternoon. (we've seem to have temporarily lost the cable we use to download photo's, otherwise we'd sprinkle some throughout this post). We decided not to traumatize our grandparents with any more pictures of Kai with a hair elastics in his flowing Fabio mane, but his hair was definitely getting unruly at the back again. Now we know where at least SOME of all his food goes - hair production! (the rest gets turned into running fuel...)
Some other news - Louise and I decided to do our part to stimulate the local economy by buying some light-touring cross-country ski gear at a local shop. Pretty cool stuff...too bad it hasn't snowed since we got it!! I've asked Louise to start taunting Old Man Winter in true Canadian fashion to so we can at least get a few turns in the snow before spring (we apologize beforehand to all our NE friends who are patiently waiting for spring - just give us a few days to get this nordic skiing thing out of our system and we'll be good till Stick Month (November), we promise!)
Speaking of snowlessness, today was so balmy, I rode home just wearing shorts, shirt & vest. It was amazing how much faster I felt without 27 layers of clothing on (a hefty tailwind didn't hurt either). I've only been riding to school once or twice a week lately - most of the bikepath is still coated with a layer of ice, so I spend most of the time on the road, which isn't as much fun. Falling on ice isn't much fun either, so I'll stick with the road for now.
On days that seem yucky, I take the bus. Now, ever since I was a youngin, I always looked down upon the bus. I never had to take one to school, and refused to learn how to use the bus systems in most of the places I've lived. And our bus rides in Peru certainly didn't inject any more desire for taking buses, either! But the buses here have proven a decent way to get to school. They're pretty much on-time and I catch them early enough that I always get a seat and can read on the way in and home. And they're pretty good for entertainment - everyday, there's at least one interesting character on the bus, usually when I'm going home. I guess weird folks don't like to wake up early... The subway usually has some interesting characters too. I try to read in there as well, but its a little more difficult and I usually spend my time looking at all the advertisements. In case you're curious, Aruba is a great place to golf, according to 'Ted', a golf instructor there. And Bay State College is, like, a WAY cheaper place to get a college degree than, like, anywhere else. And I also know how to tell if someone is having a stroke. Awesome.
That's it for now- stay tuned for Kai's post-haircut video where he's showboating for L and I.
2 comments:
Thanks for the update Greg! We LOVE hearing about what's happenin' in the cold Northeast!! Hope you get some snow :-)
I hope you're satisfied!!! Thanks a lot Greg. ;)
Post a Comment