Friday, March 6, 2009

Another big snow!

Yikes, can't believe an entire week has passed since our last post (give or take a day).   As hoped for in the last post, we did get a healthy dump of snow last week , which allowed L & I to finally test out our new XC gear!   After L went first & broke trail across the street (which is much more work than breaking wind, in case you're wondering), it was my turn.  I was pretty psyched.  I'm a bit of a gear junky at-heart, so new sports mean.....new gear!    

But this first day was a bit frustrating, sad to say.  As I mentioned a few weeks ago, I'm not very experienced w/ 2 skis, and today was like a regression to that first time in Kelowna.  I probably fell about a dozen times and never quite got into the swing of things while I was out there.  

Yesterday was our last day to enjoy the snow, before it hit the 40's and 50's this weekend.  I dashed home from school (about as fast as one can dash on a bus...) and wanted to try this XC skiing thing one more time before spring shoved its greeny-ness down our dry, chapped throats.   This time, I headed out to an old rail-trail (one that hasn't been paved yet) and cruised my way towards Concord.  After another silly fall, I finally got into a rhythm and strided for about 45 min before rushing home to let Louise have a go.   It was good to get a little more confidence and enjoy some quiet nature before the white stuff all turns to slush and mud for the next week.  We're already trying to figure out how to get some ski attachments to bring Kai along in our little travels.

Speaking of the little man, we've got some neat video of him.... but unfortunately now we can't find the cable that attaches the camera to the computer.  We've confirmed that we have plenty of cables ready and waiting for all the OTHER electronic toys that we don't use as often, but somehow our most important toy has lost its 'umbilical'.  Sorry ya'll - you'll just have to come here and watch the vids in-person!

Please say some kind words to Louise - she, like most of America, is suffering from post-Bachelor-withdrawal and has been feeling a little blue that Melissa was dumped on national TV for Molly.  On a brighter note, Jillian, the new Bachelorette, is from Canada, so you can bet where we'll be sitting every Monday evening.

No comments: