Today was a different story. I did a roller work out while watching the time trial stage of the Tour of California. It was exciting stuff with many big names there, including incriminated racers coming back off their 2 yr suspensions like Floyd Landis, Tyler Hamilton and Ivan Basso. Lance was there too, doing the Michael Jordan. There was even a Canadian in the mix!
Once I finished my work out and Kai woke from his nap we decided we had to finish watching as the contenders were about to ride. So we headed back down to our play room/rec room just as Australian Michael Rogers (George Hincapie's new #1 man) left the starting gate.* Kai was heading over to his tent and he looked up and watched Rogers head off. He watched for a few minutes then got really excited and let out a rip roarin' squeal and ran to the TV set. For the next 15 minutes or so he alternated b/tw climbing on his parents, playing with his toys, and yelling "go, go, go!" at the bike racers. Greg and I were pretty amazed. The TV has NEVER elicited that kind of a reaction out of our little son. He knew what he was watching too. I asked him "Kai, where is the bicycle?" and he pointed right at Lance on his fancy TT machine.
I have to say, Greg and I are quite pleased. We're thinking maybe we'll take another trip to France sooner than we thought. This time we'll visit the Alps instead of the Pyrenees, where we just might see our little man jumping up and down on Alpe D'Huez yelling "Allez! Allez!"
*Greg and I just realized that we have no idea what the proper name is for the ramp/hut that the bike racers begin the TT in.
1 comment:
Way to go greg and louise! You must have done something right for him to be excited about cycling :) He was introduced right from the start...literally!!
Post a Comment