Yesterday afternoon after his mega-nap Kai and I headed out for a bike ride to the nearby spray park. This is Kai's 3rd ride in his Golden Chariot. Each ride gets a little better. The first time we put him into his little cockpit he cried. But as soon as the wheels got rolling, he was intrigued. No tears on ride #2 and for ride #3 he lasted all the way to the spray park and back without complaint. Unfortunately his helmet fell over his eyes every time we hit a bump (which was frequent as roads and sidewalks around here are about as old as many of the homes). So we managed to take 30 minutes to travel about 3 miles (the gazillion pound steel beach cruiser didn't help). He certainly seemed relaxed about it all. I had stocked the chariot with books, toys and a sippy of H20 and at one point when I looked back to check on my little man, he had his nose in a book...such a studious little one!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Kai and the Golden Chariot
Yesterday afternoon after his mega-nap Kai and I headed out for a bike ride to the nearby spray park. This is Kai's 3rd ride in his Golden Chariot. Each ride gets a little better. The first time we put him into his little cockpit he cried. But as soon as the wheels got rolling, he was intrigued. No tears on ride #2 and for ride #3 he lasted all the way to the spray park and back without complaint. Unfortunately his helmet fell over his eyes every time we hit a bump (which was frequent as roads and sidewalks around here are about as old as many of the homes). So we managed to take 30 minutes to travel about 3 miles (the gazillion pound steel beach cruiser didn't help). He certainly seemed relaxed about it all. I had stocked the chariot with books, toys and a sippy of H20 and at one point when I looked back to check on my little man, he had his nose in a book...such a studious little one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
awesome park!!! oh how i wish we had one of those! its soooo hot here!
looks like life is getting better and better out east :)
ALOHA
How fun! That looks like a great place to cool off. That is an awesome chariot...what brand is it? I agree with Megan...it's HOT here!!
Wow, your spray park looks so much better than ours! Charlie and I will be right over...
Post a Comment