The post that caught my attention from September 08 was one about Kai's first day of daycare because today Kai started daycare again. His daycare closes for the summer so it was sort of like the first day of school for him. He decided to sleep in today so I had to rush him out the door this morning (and he rushes about as well as his mommy). I was a little apprehensive, wondering if he would remember the daycare ladies and the kids and if he would get upset when I left him there.
Greg and I reminisced about last year's daycare drop offs. They involved alot of tears - most of them mine. Greg got many a 9:30 a.m. phone call at school wondering if we were doing the right thing and had to do quite a bit of panic management. But we all stuck it out and by June of this year, we were all sad to say goodbye to the daycare folks for the summer.
Today's drop off was nothing like last year. I explained to Kai how his day would go and after a kiss goodbye for Mommy, he happily walked off to hang with the other little people. When I picked him up this afternoon I learned that he had said "may I please have some cheese?" They sure run a tight ship over there! I'm sure it sounded alot more like "may I pees have some deese?" but whatever, Kai is learning his p's and q's!
3 comments:
Thank goodness we have daycare to teach our kids manners! ;) I almost fell over the day Charlie came home covering his mouth when he sneezed. I was impressed they could get an 18 month old to remember to do that!
It is always so much fun to read your Blogs. Don't ever stop posting them, it really makes a connection for those of us who are far away.
Kai is growing up so quickly!
Mom
I agree with your mom! I love hearing about your lives. I know how hard it can be to try to update but it is worth it and the memories will be worth it too! Can't wait to see pics of Sibs (but not too soon!)
Post a Comment