Monday, September 28, 2009

38 weeks!


It's hard to believe that we're here, at the 38 week mark. By this time in my pregnancy with Kai, we were already at home, adjusting to life with a newborn. Having an "irritable uterus", aka daily contractions, for the past 5 or 6 weeks also makes it hard to believe that this baby hasn't arrived yet. But for now, Sibs seems content to hang out in his/her cozy quarters. Maybe it is all the noise s/he hears on a daily basis that is making her/him a little reluctant to debut! It is kind of a strange feeling, this waiting. With Kai we never experienced that b/c we were so surprised when it all started. Now we really do feel like we're playing the waiting game. There is always more to do, so I'll probably wash a few more swaddle blankets today and of course, rest, b/c I know there'll be a shortage of that coming up soon.

Kai is getting to know Sibs as best he can through my tummy walls. The other day he treated Sibs to a rendition of one of his favorite homegrown songs "Kai and Bunny." This involved pressing his mouth up against my tummy and singing "Kai, unny!" as loud as he could before giggling and running off. I'm sure Sibs was suitably enchanted. Other times, he likes to put his mouth on my tummy and yell "hewo baby!" Last night, train, the favored toy of the day got to sleep in Sibs' crib so I think Kai is getting the idea that Sibs is going to be pretty special!

3 comments:

Sara said...

You are SO freakin' cute! You look AMAZING Louise! I love this picture. Isn't it ironic how you've been having all these contractions and yet he/she has decided to hang out a bit longer...that's what happened to me too! I bet Kai is going to be such a great big brother :-)

Anonymous said...

you look SOOOO CUTE!!!

sunnywave said...

hi beautiful!!!!!!!! so amazingly gorgeous!!!! can't wait to meet Sibs!!!!!!!!!