Monday, July 12, 2010

MELTING!!!

When life is busy it is hard to find time to relax and blog. Seems everyday holds a blog-worthy story, at least that is the perspective of a parent enjoying the daily adventures of her 2 little munchkins. Teia is in that wonderful 6-12 month stage where babies actually DO stuff! And do stuff she is...crawling, laughing, waving, climbing....I really could blog about her everyday. But it seems time to sit and blog is hard to find these days so I thought I'd post a few photos of what we've been up to and assure our worried friends that we are still alive. I know the heat wave and our lack of air conditioning might have some wondering...

The heat in NE right now is unbelievable. I don't recall temps like this in the last 10 years or so. We escaped to our favorite ocean beach the other day and the temp reading in our mini-van read ONE HUNDRED and FOUR degrees. The sand was so hot it couldn't be walked upon. Thank goodness for low tide which left lots of damp, hard sand available for everyone to enjoy the beach. Kai couldn't get enough of the water and Teia enjoyed crawling around in the tide pools and digging in the muddy sand. Unfortunately the camera stayed at home that day and many great photo ops were missed. Water relief is hard to come by everyday seeing as I am outnumbered and that, my friends, is not a good thing around water. But on the days when Greg can come with us, we are finding some reprieve. Other days we are trying to find air conditioned places when we can and trying not to think about the heat too much.

The other evening we joined some good friends for a delicious BBQ dinner. Nope that is not Kai in the photo below. It's Charlie. He's a friend of Kai's who has been featured on our blog before. Charlie really liked Teia. Except for running around outside with Kai, he was by Teia's side the whole evening, giving her hugs and kisses.
Kai and Charlie are starting young in terms of competing for the ladies. All I had to shout was "who wants to touch Teia's leg?" to see 2 little boys turn on a dime and sprint over to Teia. Kai was definitely the territorial big brother. We're hoping he'll hone his skills in this regard over the next few years :-). As for Teia, she was loving being the center of attention.
The following day one of Kai's little friends held her 3rd birthday party at our local splash park. The theme was mini-mouse and there were mickey mouse ears for the boys to wear. Kai surprised us by deciding that he would actually enjoy wearing his mouse ears! Usually Kai is not a fan of wearing anything on his head, particularly anything silly, but he must have been getting caught up in the party spirit.
I love this photo. You can spot the little man, ears and all, patiently waiting for his cupcake. Hurry up and sing happy birthday already!


No comments: