Sunday, July 18, 2010

Feeling the Love and Happy 9 Months

Little Peach turned 9 months today and I resolved to take more pictures and video. I chased her around with the camera today as much as I could. It is definitely much harder to get good photos and video action when you have 2 to chase, even when you are (supposedly) evenly-manned. I think 2 small humans does not necessarily equal 2 large humans. Somehow their 4 hands seem to get into more trouble than our 4 hands can keep up with.

Teia marked the occasion of turning 9 months old by cruising 3 steps today holding onto the side of Kai's bed. She loves crawling into his room in the morning, climbing up on his crash mat and pulling herself up on the side of his bed. She then tries in vain to climb into his bed, all the while he laughs hysterically. Since Teia started moving quickly around the house she is Kai's new favorite person. She pulled up to standing in her crib yesterday for the first time too which resulted in 2 night wakings in the first hour of her sleep last night as she got up and couldn't get back down. It is an odd experience to walk into your baby's room and find them standing there. I remember well the jolt I got when it happened with Kai. With Teia I was slightly less alarmed b/c the video monitor tipped me off that she was standing but it was still odd to walk in and see her face up over the top crib rail. It is exciting and sad at the same time as she seems in a big rush to grow up and I am not finished holding a little baby yet.

She is super excited about moving and doesn't sit still to play games as much these days but she has started to point at my nose and mouth when I ask her which is really pretty cool. I also remember those early nose pointings with Kai. Funny the things that stick in your mind. Funny too how babies find noses to be such interesting features. No wonder, they're so big and pointy and bear no resemblance whatsoever to the cute little buttons babies have on their faces.
Here is Peach getting a little Love from Dada who is thoroughly and completely wrapped around her finger. We're in real trouble once she figures that out.
And here is Kai, showing some Love to little sis. He was a slow starter in the warm up to baby sister phase but they are truly buddies nowadays. The other day a friend was visiting with her little baby and while Kai was having a visit with him, he looked at me and said "Get Teia" (she was taking a nap). I guess being with the other baby made him miss his.
This time his squeezes were a little too hard.

And here is another kiss for little sis. I think she might even get more kisses than Mommy these days. Hopefully Kai will still be in a smoochie mood once Teia learns how to give kisses back!

2 comments:

sunnywave said...

aaargggh!!!! love these cuties!! the pictures of the smoochies and hugs are adorable, my heart is MELTING. xoxoxoxo

and i hear you about choosing sleep over everything else...that is the choice i've been making. i keep singing the mantra that you leant me: i will sleep again, i will sleep again!! i remember the crazy summer heat of the mainland...cold showers lasting for ten seconds....arrgh!

love you guys!!
p.s. i found my template under the "nature" section at blogger. xoxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

I finally had time to catch up on your blog posts. The pictures are gorgeous.....those two get cuter (is that a real word?) every day. Can't wait to see them next week!
Mom