Saturday, July 3, 2010

Baby Daze

Life has been biiiizzzzy. I've had lots of blog posts I've intended to write but haven't had the time. Heck, we haven't even posted a pic of Mr. Mommy, the kiddos' first real, live pet. Thought I'd write a quick blog about our little lady. I missed posting on her 8 month birthday so here is a quick update.

I posted a few months ago about how quickly Teia's baby days were flying by and they haven't slowed down. I really, really want them to. Aside from the sleep deprivation (which, unfortunately continues), I am really, truly enjoying her baby stage. Its not that I didn't enjoy it with Kai, but I experienced all those first time mommy stresses and worries and struggled to adjust from a life of freedom that revolved around ME, to a life where I felt a bit bummed when I watched my friends throw their surfboards into their truck and head to the beach while I tried to get the little man to take a nap (or at least be interested in some adult conversation).

This time around, freedom to come and go as a I please is nothing but a distant memory, and Teia and Kai keep my focus in the here and now. Teia continues to be our family's littlest charmer. She is full of energy, smiles, giggles, determination and pure joy. She LOVES her brother and lately he seems to really enjoy her too. The whole house reverberates with laughter and squeals when the two of them play together. Kai even kissed her little head last night at bedtime. She's been working hard on locomotion and has come up with a variety of interesting ways to get around, including getting up on her knees and launching herself forwards. Just this week she finally perfected the forward crawl and can move with surprising speed when highly motivated.
Teia can't wait to talk. In fact, I think she thinks she can. She says mama all the time and lately has been doing a very persistent "bub bub bub" which just might be a stand in for "Buds" or "Bubs" or "Brother." Poor Dada is feeling a bit left out. When she's hungry she makes little kissing sounds which really do make me smile at 3 am when I'm plucking her out of her crib for her nighttime feed. Speaking of feeds, she loves to eat and has the chubbies to show it. She so loves food that we can no longer eat in front of her unless we're prepared to share it. She has entered the stage of finger foods with gusto and is a definite carbs lover.

Here she is with Grandma Barbie.

I know we're extremely biased when it comes to our kids but we think Teia really is pretty awesome. We'll keep her :-)

P.S. I'm multi-tasking and watching the TdeF prologue. Greg and I have decided we're going to eat a piece of chocolate every time Phil and crew say "Lance Armstrong." I think we're gonna give Teia a run for her money as "chubbiest Fennell" before the prologue is even over!

No comments: