Now I know that has nothing to do with cobwebs and gecko poop which was the original intent of my post. As I mentioned, I haven't been feeling too great and Greg has had his nose in the books so we haven't had too many adventures this week - a few trips to the playground and a morning at Whole Foods (yes, you really can spend a morning there). Our house has been pretty neglected too. So yesterday I tried to summon up some energy to give the house some much needed love when to my dismay, (not sure I should really be openly admitting this but I've never claimed to be a domestic goddess), I discovered cobwebs in our dining room! I have never been in a house before that had cobwebs! I am talking the real stringy spooky kind that they have in haunted houses! After I got over my fascination and horror that my house was that dirty, I made myself feel better by reminding myself that I have never dusted the ceiling in any other house I've lived in and never had cobwebs either. It must be something about 100+ year old houses; they just grow cobwebs.
This cobweb discovery got me thinking back to our hale in Hawaii and I remembered that my biggest house cleaning nemesis there was gecko poop! The little dudes never pooped on the toilet but just about everywhere else.....kinda reminds me of another little dude I know! Now Hawaii has the nene as the state bird, I think the whale is the state mammal, the humuhumunukunukuapua'a* is the state fish, and I think gecko poop should be the state nuisance. As for Massachusetts, I haven't yet learned all of the state icons but it seems very fitting that cobwebs be represented in this staid historical state. Greg just popped in and declared, not gecko poop, but cockroaches as the official state nuisance of Hawaii. I have to agree. I'd take gecko poop over old la cucarache anyday!
*Did you know that this long Hawaiian name means "triggerfish with the snout of a pig?"
1 comment:
I hope you had a relaxing time in Kentucky. I am sure Kai kept the pasengers entertained on the plane. Can't wait to see you all in May!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment