We've been very remiss in our blog posting lately but we totally unplugged while we were in Kentucky and rediscovered the art of leisure reading. It was nice! But we're back home into the daily routine and that includes a little blogging here and there.
Its hard to condense our 5 days in Kentucky into one blog post so I thought I'd focus on how awesome Kai did on this trip: aside from one minor meltdown on our flight home - picture us in the front row (of the cheap seats) with Kai standing on my lap facing all of the other passengers behind us and belting out his red-faced displeasure with the 3.5 hr delay that forced him to miss his bedtime and eat an over priced greasy grilled cheese for dinner! Not pretty.
The rest of the trip Kai was great. I might be regretting this statement but so far being almost two seems pretty terrific. Everyday Kai is accomplishing new things, constantly surprising us with what he knows and can do. Gotta keep your eye on this kid....one night in the bath I handed him a Q-tip figuring it would keep him entertained while I actually tried to clean his ears. I had my head down for a sec before Grandma C told me to look at Kai - as he carefully placed a Q-tip into his ear. This kid pays attention!
Kai met all 7 of his Kentucky great-aunts on this trip, as well as some great-uncles and second cousins. We were worried that he'd clam up and hide behind us (his aunts are rather gregarious). But he surprised us all by being a little rockstar and melting hearts wherever he went! At the family reunion he even figured out that if he kept hanging out with the Aunts and disappearing out of the room, hence avoiding his parents, that he'd also avoid bedtime! He was successful and enjoyed his first 9:30 pm bedtime EVER! I had to laugh when I looked over to see him perched on Auntie Kay's knee studiously coloring with his head down..."if I look busy, mom might not notice me!"
Other adventures included two trips to the Louisville Zoo and a ride on the carousel. The weather didn't cooperate but we still managed to have a good time...and mom and dad actually took advantage of our top-notch babysitter and spent an evening out!
Our little entertainer!
2 comments:
That last picture is priceless! What a cutie and it looks like he's quite the entertainer :-) He and Sara can go into business together.
CONGRATS on your pregnancy!! sooo happy for you guys!!! wowowowowow!!! will you find out the sex? how fun fun fun!
megan
Post a Comment