Today is the first day of school for this semester, the semester I will predict to be "hellish" (based on all the comments from the upperclassmen). Hopefully it won't be THAT bad, but we'll see. Yesterday was Registration Day. For a school like MIT, a school with a very good reputation in creating, utilizing, and distributing technology, it came as quite a surprise to see the registration process: first, go down to a big lab in the basement of a building (where they DID have tons of pastries, coffee and juice), sit around until some admin types came down, get in line to pick up your registration form (after its signed by your advisor) and give the pink sheet to these admin types, walk over to the gym (about 10 min away), get in another line (make sure you're not in the Undergrad line if you're a Grad student, now!), and hand them the white sheet (you get to keep the yellow sheet).
Whew!! Its good to see some things haven't changed in the 15 years since I was a freshman, eh?! Goodness! I cant complain too much, tho - I piled on the pastries while catching up w/ classmates, and we explored some of the basements trying to find our way in and out of the lab. You'd still think that a place like MIT would have some kind of eye-scan station that you could just walk up to and take care of everything for you while doing your nails and pimping your hair, right??
Also, wish Louise good luck at her first Boston-area race this weekend!! There's going to be a woman's-only trail run at Great Brook Farms, just 15 min away from here, this Sunday. Louise is currently doing the "accelerated" racing workout - base run yesterday, speed/tempo today and tomorrow, taper on Fri and Sat. I wish I had remembered to ask Ryan & Kelly to send their cowbell, darn!! Hopefully Kai will have his lungs well-rested to give some of his signature shrieks in support of Louise as she motors around the trails. Go Weezy!!!!
2 comments:
Good luck in your race Weezy!! Hope your semester goes quick Greg :-)
By the way...I LOVE that new photo!!!
Post a Comment