Today, we woke up for another white wonderland. While some of our veteran New Englander friends may curse the fresh fluffies, I'm still in the "Hey, school's out for the day!!" mindset and enjoyed the new coating we got. I think it was 6-8" total - not a bad dump for the greater Boston area, no?
Since it was snowing most of the day, and Kai's none too keen on the snow-in-the-eyes feeling when we toboggan (who can blame him?), we headed to Barnes & Nobles to spend my gift-certificate and let Kai run around. It was a good trip - Kai was pretty content just perusing books (he only wanted to ride the escalator once! ) and picked out a few to add to his Princely Library. He also inspected about 15 bunnies that were on a shelf (inspect = throwing them on the ground), then, deciding that none of them were adequate substitutes for his Bunny, put them all back.
Back to the snow - Louise has got me all jazzed up to try cross-country skiing again, and during my run this afternoon, I was imagining myself gliding effortlessly across the fields, as herds of deer bounded by, saying "Hello human. My, you're the fastest thing we've seen out here before!". In all likelihood, sadly, most of my time XC skiing will be a replay of my first and only time in Kelowna, where I spent most of my time tangled up in various snowbanks, looking like a smooshed-spider that had gotten flicked off someone's shoe. In a (hyphenated) word, XC skiing is a humbling-experience.
But today, I found myself scanning for good XC ski equipment deals, educating myself on 'wax' vs 'waxless' skis, and practicing diagonal technique on our wooden floors in my socks - I'm ready to hit some tracks, man! Let's hope I don't bite it too often and start yearning for warmer weather QUITE yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment