So this is what we were doing last January, hanging out at our neighborhood Lanikai Beach in the sunshine. I'm posting a photo of last year because if I posted a photo of this year it would just look like ice and wind and that wouldn't make for such a nice photo. Today is the first time I can truly say that I felt bitter cold since moving to Massachusetts. I asked Greg to find out the temperature for me sometime this afternoon as I tried to convince myself to go for a run (after a 3 day migraine, I was going crazy from inactivity). He replied that it was 20 something but lower with the windchill. I'm not so good with those US degrees once it goes below 32 so I had him translate: -3 celsius, -10 with the windchill. This was good news and bad news. The good news is that my running cut off is -15 celsius which means I could reasonably expect, with proper attire, to survive a run. The bad news is that I have definitely become a weather wimp since the last time I lived in a land with winter b/c I swore it was a heck of a lot colder than THAT!
Friday, January 9, 2009
Alot can change in a year...
So this is what we were doing last January, hanging out at our neighborhood Lanikai Beach in the sunshine. I'm posting a photo of last year because if I posted a photo of this year it would just look like ice and wind and that wouldn't make for such a nice photo. Today is the first time I can truly say that I felt bitter cold since moving to Massachusetts. I asked Greg to find out the temperature for me sometime this afternoon as I tried to convince myself to go for a run (after a 3 day migraine, I was going crazy from inactivity). He replied that it was 20 something but lower with the windchill. I'm not so good with those US degrees once it goes below 32 so I had him translate: -3 celsius, -10 with the windchill. This was good news and bad news. The good news is that my running cut off is -15 celsius which means I could reasonably expect, with proper attire, to survive a run. The bad news is that I have definitely become a weather wimp since the last time I lived in a land with winter b/c I swore it was a heck of a lot colder than THAT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment