Aloha! Its amazing how times flies, especially when the Olympics are on, and how days zip by with no blog entries. I hope our loyal cadre of 5 or 6 blog readers haven't forgotten us out in the Wild Wild East and we apologize for the delay in postings.
Today was my last final exam for the summer session. Actually, it was the ONLY final exam. I finished one class a couple weeks ago, which had no final. Two other classes simply had no test at all (one had writing assignments, the other a class homework problem). And my fourth class, Statistics, had a "quiz" but it was only on Statistics, not Probability covered in the first half.
The final was in a class we call Math Methods. We call it that because that's what its been called for ages, but it actually has a different name. Regardless of its name, it was the hardest math class I've taken. The first quiz had an average of 50-something. The second quiz had an average of 38 (these are out of 100, mind you). This last final had a total score of 165 and I'm hoping to get about 50-60 of those points. It was tough...
The toughness has been made more difficult by those damn Olympics! Nowadays, with streaming video and up-to-the-minute, um, updates, you don't even have to hit 'refresh' on the internet browser to see what's going on in 10 sports at once. Its quite distracting. Last night's big event was the women's triathlon. I had it playing while I studied, but didn't wait to see the finish. I did see some of the cyclists struggle to keep up in the pack. Tut-tut, you should have done 40 more hill repeats last night, lassy!!
Now that school is done for about 2 weeks, we have more Fennell Adventures lined up! Tomorrow, weather permitting, we plan on going to the beach to perform a blind-beach-test with Kai and see if he can tell the difference between a North Boston beach and Kailua. Any bets?? Later on this weekend, we're heading up to Bar Harbor (Bah Hahbah), Maine, to meet our friends Shannon & Kip and hang out near Arcadia National Park. While there's tons to see & do just around Boston, it'll still be nice to explore other spots in NE. After that foray, we'll probably head into Boston proper a few more times to work on Kai's Boston accent. His latest blubberings still sound a little pidgin to me... :-)
This weekend, we met our friends (we have more than one) Jeremy, Carrie & their boy Charlie, at the New England aquarium. Charlie has been walking for a couple weeks now, so between the four of us, we were barely able to contain the two little madmen. Oh, and I think there were some fish in some tanks or something... (I mostly had my head down trying to intercept whatever lumbering big person > 15 mos old that might bowl over our boy).
Time to snooze and NOT wake up tomorrow for the bike ride into school! Stay tuned for more Fennell Adventures!
1 comment:
Congrats Greg! That must be a relief to be done with your classes for a few weeks. Have a great time on your outings :-) We miss you guys!
Post a Comment