Remember to Remember.... this was said to me by my cousin Elaine. She has been through tremendous adversity in the past few years but has learned important lessons about what matters in life. I try to think of her example and her words at least once a day. This past week her words have come to me even more often. Last Thursday baby Naomi passed away (previous blog). She lived for only 16 days. That same day, a bizarre event took place on a bus driving across the Canadian prairies and a young man was brutally killed for no good reason at all (if there even could be a good reason). But this young man was sleeping with headphones on when he was attacked. Then last night we received news that one of Greg's classmates at MIT has been diagnosed with cancer. He is a young father of two, his second baby born only last month.
What do you do when faced with all of this news???? You can climb under your covers and never get out for fear of what might happen. Or you can think of Elaine and her family and her words "remember to remember." Remember what is important to you, remember that you might not get a second chance....to reach for a goal, to take that moment, to say I love you or I'm sorry. Remember each day what you want to accomplish on this earth and who you want to be. Remember to put in your big rocks first....
1 comment:
I hope everything is going better in your neck of the woods! How have you guys been...I've been missing your posts! :-)
Post a Comment