I've been hoping to find the time to post about all the fun things we've been exploring since arriving in San Diego - like how the kids love riding the miniature railroad at Balboa Park. Watching the two of them sitting in their little car with Kai's arm wrapped around Teia protectively was about the cutest thing I've ever seen. We've also been to Sea World which is amazing. I could go there everyday, crowds and all. We've seen dolphins off the pier at Pacific Beach (or PB now that we're local kine). And I've joined the coolest yoga studio that offers classes on Sunday morning on the bluff overlooking the ocean. Now THAT is Sunday morning church!
But this past Sunday, after my relaxing morning class we had an adventure of the not so fun kind. We headed off to try out yet another local beach, this one on the Bay side so the kids could play in the water without too much surf. We had been there about an hour when we started to think about heading home. That is when Teia had what we now know was a febrile seizure. Scary, yes. Dangerous, apparently not. Thank goodness.
She just went very still and wouldn't respond to us for a little while. It was kind of like someone pressed her stop button. Slowly, very slowly she came back. I got her to take a few steps, then walk, then follow some directions and gradually she started to talk again. By the time we got her to the hospital she was pretty much back to herself, in under an hour.
To be honest, it was terrifying. So many things flew through my mind about what could be going on with her. I was relieved when the ER crew took her temp, found it to be 102 and declared it a febrile seizure. Her fever broke last night and our new pediatrician thinks she has a virus that is giving her sore throat, fever and cough. She is much better today.
Teia has not been happy about going to morning day camp these past few weeks but she really didn't need to go and have a seizure to get out of it!!!!
2 comments:
oh my goodness!!!!!!!!!!! *HUGS* to you!!!!!!
I read through you last few posts and as always, it was great to catch up on all of your news. You certainly have more ups and downs than most families. Hopefully things will settle down as you all settle in to your new lifestyle.
Cute pictures of Kai. Lovely to see him getting into the construction so enthusiastically.
Can't wait to see him and Teia again!
Mom
Post a Comment