Greg graduated yesterday. The true relief was felt a few weeks ago when he handed in his thesis but yesterday made it all real. Our mission in Massachusetts is a fait accompli. To say we are proud of him is an understatement. He not only achieved a double degree (Naval Engineer and M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering) but he received an MIT award for excellence in Ocean Engineering for his sustainable energy project. Cool!
Greg managed to accomplish all this pretty much after 9 pm each night because his Daddy duties always came first. We are lucky. Greg needs some sleep.
I was only able to attend an hour of the commencement ceremony and I didn't actually get to see Greg in person but I did manage to snap him on the jumbotron. The Navy guys were pretty easy to pick out amongst all the black academic regalia.
Grandpa Ed joined us to celebrate armed with a camera with a very large lens so once we get some of those photos we'll post them. Kai was pretty excited to see Grandpa!
GO VANCOUVER!!!!!!
1 comment:
Congratulations, Greg!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!! Go daddy go! :-)
Post a Comment