Monday, June 20, 2011

20 Months!


I know, I know. I'm still incredulous that my littlest one is growing up so fast! For some reason 20 months seems like a big milestone. It won't be long now until we're only referring to how old Teia is in years :-( She seems in a big hurry to grow up too. I think it is the second child thing with having someone to emulate.

Teia is so much fun these days. She is so enthusiastic about everything. One of her favorite words is "wow!" and she says it alot. Anything from the pair of shoes I decide to put on her to what I serve her for lunch might elicit an enthusiastic "wow!" Although sometimes it is an equally energetic "no, no, NO!" All that energy and enthusiasm works both ways and Teia can be mighty stubborn....

She has a ton of energy and loves to jump all over the house. She very rarely just walks around. Usually she is running, jumping or dancing her way from here to there. I guess she takes after her brother. She has also decided that she likes to sit on the toilet. She gets the baby toilet seat out herself and sets it up and then pats her bum and says to me "Teia pee pee." It's pretty funny. We humor her but we have NO plans to toilet train her for quite some time. Teia is quite the girl. She loves to take care of her babies and her puppy, bunnies and meow and she also loves to push her stroller. But one of her favorite things are "big trush!" - translation Big Trucks! She is also a huge Thomas the Train fan and she loves her some ipad.

Teia is also a big grandparent fan. "Poppa" was one of her earliest words and now is used to refer to all her "grandpas." When Granddad visited last weekend she tried Granddad for awhile but found it to be a mouthful. So it was Gapoppa for awhile and then just Poppa. So it looks like T might have a Poppa Mike, Poppa Dave and Poppa Ed. One day she spotted a man in a white hat like Poppa Mike wears. She pointed excitedly "Poppa! Poppa!" When the man kept walking and got into his car she waved at him "bye Poppa!" When she gets up in the morning (nice and early most of the time) she asks "Kai?" "Daddy?" "Poppa?" "Gwama?" Its pretty sweet.

She also LOVES to draw. I'd say it is just about her favorite thing to do. Here is a video of an early morning drawing session. You can pick up on a wee bit of her attitude in this video too...

I HAVE COMPLETELY GIVEN UP ON TRYING TO POST THIS VIDEO. IT WAS POSTED, THEN WHEN I ADDED ANOTHER IT DISAPPEARED AND SINCE THEN BLOGGER HAS COMPLETELY REFUSED TO UPLOAD IT AGAIN. I WILL TRY AGAIN IN ANOTHER POST.  SOMETIMES THE COMPUTER AND I DON'T GET ALONG SO WELL. 


And this is Teia dancing to her own music with her California girl sunglasses on. I wish I could just bottle up her happiness!


Here is T one year ago....

And a similar mug - not much has changed!


1 comment:

sunnywave said...

awwwk!!! love the video! t and ladybug need to get together to do some dancing. ladybug loves all things musical and clapping.

Love T's "WOW"!!! hee hee hee. people call the toddler stage the terrible twos...all i can say is that it's just terrible how cute they are!!! :-)

love and hugs!!!