Friday, August 20, 2010

10 months already!

Teia turned 10 months this week. It is almost impossible for me to believe that she'll be eating cake and ice cream in two months time. Teia will be thrilled. She loves to eat. Everyday she becomes less and less of a baby. She stands all the time now and easily lowers herself from standing to sitting without holding onto anything. She is trying the opposite manouvere which results in alot of bouncing. Again, I have some great video but not a great internet connection so it will have to wait. Teia really is the great bouncer. She has decided that she'd like to adopt the toddler habit of carrying things with her while she locomotes, most frequently Kai's music lion. But it is tough to do that while crawling so she is perfecting her bouncing so that if the surface is right (i.e., slippy enough), she can hold onto her treasure (or captive) and bounce her way across a room. I think it also makes her feel like she is participating in all of Kai's running and jumping.
Shortly after she turned 9 months Teia's babbling turned into jabbering. She has even said some things like sound like real words, although we can't be sure. She has said YUM, MAMA, HI, HELLO and maybe even GRANDMA and GRANDDAD although they were most likely random flukes of successful imitation rather than real attempts at words.
Her favorite thing to do these days is wave and I'm wondering now why I didn't chose a picture of her waving for this blog post. I have quite a few of them. She is sleeping in a pack and play at the foot of my bed here at Grandma's house and when she wakes up in the morning she pulls herself to stand and then whines until I lift my head up. Once I do she smiles at me and begins to wave until I pluck her out of her bed so the fun can begin.

Here she shows off her two teeth (and her messy face). The top two have been working really hard at breaking through these past few weeks but so far Teia's gums seem to be made of tough stuff and they're still not officially through. Maybe today will be our lucky day!

3 comments:

Sara said...

OMG Louise! I just finally checked your blog. I can't believe she's almost ten months!!! She is so stinking adorable and I love that Kai is so into paddling and the water. It sounds like you're having a good time (as crazy as it is). Can't wait to catch up! Miss you guys!

sunnywave said...

arrgggh!!!! i am m.e.l.t.i.n.g. little peach is ADORABLE. teia is totally a peach! can't wait to see the video of her bouncing around!!! xoxoxoxo love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Louise and lovely commentary to accompany them. My beautiful grandchildren are a credit to you and Greg. You put in an enormous amount of time and effort to make their days full of fun!
Mom