Why do we look so happy? We're off to Hawaii on Saturday!!! Kai can't wait to taste some "apaya," check out some coconuts and palm trees, see a real gecko and a real wawafall. He is especially excited that the house we're staying at has a pool. I think he'll be even more excited when he actually sees it! We haven't mentioned cockroaches. I think his reaction when he sees one scurrying about will be priceless! Greg joked that we should stay here seeing as the weather has just turned beautiful! Ha! We need to escape our house as well as winter. Since the basement flooded the other day our entire house now smells like moldy basement. Yep, we should stay home....

Ok. So this is a random shot of the kids playing in the morning sun. But I couldn't resist. You can see how interested Teia is in her older brother. I imagine lots and lots of fun times once these two can really play together (okay, and lots of squabbles too). I saw a prelude to that. Kai was busy making soup with fridge magnets and every time Teia grabbed for them, he patiently removed her fingers and told her sternly "Kai's."

While we are excited about the trip we are a bit anxious about our looooong flights. We told Teia that if she is too noisy, this is where she'll be riding for the trip home. She does look a little concerned...

Today Daddy and Teia decided to try out their sunglasses with a springtime walk. It really is spring here. My tulip bulbs are up! This year I'm not taking any chances. They have already been sprayed with putrescent egg salad. Sorry Deer!! Did I mentioned we saw a Fisher yesterday in our backyard!!! Boy, this post is random. Did I mention I haven't slept much lately?

Here is our little hula girl again sporting her shades and her dimple. We hope she'll charm our fellow plane passengers as much as she charms everyone else she has met so far! Doesn't she look cute on her 5 month birthday?
1 comment:
Post a Comment