Poor Teia is definitely suffering from second child syndrome. Not only are there far fewer photos of her than of Kai at this age, we haven't blogged much about her at all b/c we just don't have the time. So I thought I'd take a few moments so her grandparents can see how she is growing and read what she is up to. I do plan on starting a TotSpot page for her but it might have to wait until the new year, given all the busyness of the holiday season.
Our little Teia is nothing short of a wonderful baby. Probably our biggest challenge with her is that she still much prefers to nap on warm, breathing bodies than in her chair or bed, so we spend alot of time with our opihi attached to us and our backs are certainly feeling the pain! She has decided that she'd like to challenge Kai for the title of Spittiest Baby of All Time. We're a little bummed about this but if this is the worst we have to deal with for now, we're okay with that. We are well supplied with burp cloths and bibs and we've got a good washing machine.
Teia is growing like a weed. The pics below were taken last weekend when she turned 7 weeks. She has her 2 month check up next week and we'll get her official measurements but my rough estimate based on our home scale is that she weighs about 11 lbs now. Kai was about 4 months old before he weighed this much! So to us, Teia seems like a big baby! She has already outgrown her newborn clothes and I have a feeling I'm going to have to do a lot of shopping to keep up with her clothing needs. We are thrilled that she is growing so well and hope that soon she'll start sleeping longer stretches. She wakes up about every 3 to 4 hours most nights. She has had a cold and the snuffles have been waking her up so we're hoping when the congestion completely clears she'll sleep better. Although it is New England in the winter so that may not happen until spring :-(
Teia is full of smiles and lets out little exclamations now and then. I always laugh in the middle of the night when she decides it is time for a little baby squeal. She certainly isn't loud enough yet to wake anyone but I'm sure she thinks she is. Since she started smiling we've discovered she has a little dimple on her right cheek that to us smitten parents, is beyond cute.
She has lost alot of her newborn hair and now has the look of male pattern baldness. Her new hair is growing in ever so slowly as a soft peach fuzz on top of her head. Her eyes are blue but I am betting that she may have inherited her Dad's eye color. In some lights she looks like she might go hazel. We'll have to wait and see! She definitely has her own look and isn't a dead ringer for Kai but when I look down at her sleeping face, it transports me back 2.5 years b/c she is so like him. I'll have to post some comparison pics.


In other news, Greg finishes school for the xmas break tomorrow. Words cannot express how much needed this break is for us. It has been a long fall semester. Hopefully we'll get some more pictures taken and posted and maybe you'll even see a post from the mystery man himself. The fun starts on Sunday!
1 comment:
She is so precious Louise! Oh I can't wait to cuddle her!!! It sounds like you're adjusting to being a parent to multiple children quite well. I can't believe it's been 7 weeks!!! It's crazy how fast it goes when it's not your own. I remember 7 weeks seemed like FOREVER with Sara. Now looking back it goes so fast, especially now! Enjoy her while she's little!
Post a Comment