Sunday, December 6, 2009

Getting Festive!

Yesterday Kai and Daddy went out and picked out a Christmas tree which meant that it was officially time to get decorating! We thought we'd share some pictures of our festive abode. We're not finished yet but we did get the tree up and decorated and put up a few lights here and there.
Kai was quite enamored with the Christmas tree and particularly, the lights. He was more of a director when it came to the ornaments, pointing out where he would like a particular ornament to hang. He also enjoyed rolling them down a piece of furniture we used to call 'the chaise' but it has been known more often lately as 'ramp,' 'trampoline,' crash mat' or 'slide.'
To add to our festive spirit, no sooner had we hung this guy on the door...
That we were treated to this!!!! The first real snow of the season. Well, it actually snowed during Teia's birth but this time it really stuck!
Early this morning this is how our backyard looks! I was so inspired I headed out for a run after Teia's 6 am feed. It was awesome except I underestimated a little bit the degree of winter weather that had actually visited upon us and didn't account for a nasty part of east coast winter....black ice! But I managed to complete my run without breaking any bones! I made it safely back inside for a hot cup of tea
:-) Seasons Greetings everyone!

1 comment:

sunnywave said...

oh beautiful!!! i love the first snow fall and how it lines the trees and branches! :) and how quiet everything is!

and soooo excited that you'll be coming for a visit in March?!?! will all the fennells be coming? i can't wait to see you and also to meet teia!!!! xoxoxo