And let's talk about pregnant sleeping. Not being allowed to sleep on your back leaves two options (and obviously tummy sleep is not one of them!): sleep on your side until your hip goes completely numb or sleep in an upright position propped up on as many pillows as you can scrounge from other beds in the house and the linen closet. I have to say, one benefit of continually throwing up for the entire pregnancy is that I can take my nightly dose of nausea-preventing-unisom and get a decent night's sleep despite all the pillows and numb body parts.
For whatever reason my babies like to hang out as close to their exit route as possible so that means that I can still breathe but my pelvis is only hanging together by a ligamentous thread and my already embattled lower back is creaking and groaning whenever I move (oh wait....maybe that is me doing all the groaning!)
I thought this part of pregnancy was tough last time. Of course I did. I was sore and tired and I napped just about everyday when I got home from work...in a hammock...on my lanai in Hawaii. And when I really felt whalesque, I jumped in the car, headed to the beach and floated in the ocean or swam some relaxing laps at our local, always seemed to be open when I needed it, outdoor pool. Little did I know it then but that was the luxury pregnancy! This time around I bend and stoop alot more than I should. A certain little person needs his shoes taken on and off about 10 times a day, his clothes need to changed while he wriggles and squirms and climbs all over me, he needs to be helped in and out of his car seat several times as well (and yes, it is still in the ever convenient Element...no minivan here yet!), mushy cheerios need to be scooped off the floor, and sometimes a certain little 30 lb person is just too tired to climb the stairs himself or decides that knees (sans hands) are a better way to get up stairs then feet. I do still get my share of water time except that this time around it is in a pool where I spend most of my time catching my 30 pounder as he flings himself into the water and then spend the rest of the time avoiding the flailing feet kicking dangerously close to my belly. Or I get to stand in a fake lake filled with lots of toddlers and their pee pee while mine joins in with the crowd.
Life will be easier when I'm not pregnant anymore eh?????
1 comment:
aaargggh!!!! i am feeling your pain! the bending, stooping, chasing of the wee one! you are an amazing trooper. !!!
and yes, i've been prescribed medicine that helps me get through the day...i already look like i'm five months pregnant and i'm only 3.5! argh!! lol.
Post a Comment