As of yesterday, we officially have *2* months left until baby Sibs makes her/his appearance. Last night we took a prenatal refresher course and had a tour of the birthing center where we plan to bring Sibs into the world. I have a feeling that Sibs might take after his/her older brother and show up a little early. I don't think s/he wants to miss the smell of Thanksgiving turkey (Canadian Thanksgiving that is!) I think by this point during my pregnancy with Kai, we were MUCH more organized that we are this time. But we have finally begun to gather some things together in preparation for Sibs' arrival. This time around we're going mostly the second hand route. These photos are of one of our great craigslist finds - a joovy sit and stand stroller (also known as the joovy caboose).
As you can see, Kai enjoys it quite a bit! We decided to buy this stroller b/c it seems to be capable of transporting two children while not really being a double stroller. Because you see, to me, it seems that pushing a double stroller seems like a statement to the world that you really have lost your marbles. At least with the joovy, while one of your children stands, you can convince yourself that you really only have ONE baby to take care of. It just makes it all seem more manageable. We also picked this stroller b/c Kai isn't really a big sitter and we figured this stroller would appeal to him. We've been taking it out for test rides to get him used to it. So far, his opinion is thumbs up!

Today for the first time, he did decide to test out sitting in the joovy and he was pretty pleased. It seems he found it quite entertaining to be able to watch his parents pushing him along.

So while we've been on our second hand treasure hunt we came across this great little kitchen for Kai. He's been helping out alot in the real kitchen lately so we thought he'd enjoy this. I have to say, I'm a little jealous. It is quite a bit nicer than the one Greg and I get to use everyday!
No comments:
Post a Comment