
This past weekend Mama spent her first weekend away from Kai. We were parted for around 48 hours. I have to say I did remarkably well. My husband patiently returned my bi-hourly text messages and spent some quality Daddy time with the little man. I went to Halifax, Nova Scotia to hang out with my old and dear friends Shannon and Kip. The photo above was not taken this weekend (obviously, as Greg is in the pic). I forgot to take the camera so this is a photo of us with Shannon and Kip back in 2006 in our condo in Hawaii. I included it in this post b/c blogs are so much more fun to read when there are photos attached, don't ya think?
I titled this post "Maritime Munchies" b/c I could write the entire entry about the delicious food I ate....the yummy veggie chili and corn muffins, or the smell of the crepes and waffles at the Halifax Saturday Market, the fabulous BBQ'ed Atlantic Salmon with biryani sauce that Kip cooked up or Shannon's yummy Sunday morning pancakes. Let's just say I gained a few pounds, but it was all good quality nutrition for little Sibs! We did alot more than eat while I visited Halifax. Shannon and Kip gave me a tour of the city and area. I've been to Halifax a few times before but it was fun to see some local spots that they frequent as part of their regular routine - the market, the cycling routes, the swimming spots, restaurants, bakeries and pottery shops!
In addition to visiting with friends and browsing the market and downtown, we spent a few hours on the water kayaking around a calm inlet of the Atlantic ocean. I'm discovering that water sports work well for large bellied women so long as such woman has patient, dear friends to lower her in and out of her watercraft! On Sunday we checked out a gorgeous beach with sand as fine as Lanikai but chilly Atlantic breezes drove us back into the city for some warm drinks and more relaxed strolling around and hanging out. Another highlight of the weekend was virtual success in convincing Shannon and Kip (I think Kip has been appointed author) to take the plunge into the blogosphere, starting with their trip to Iceland next week.
So now I'm busy plotting a full Fennell family adventure to the Maritimes for next summer that might involve this crazy sounding race http://www.notsincemoses.com/as well as visits to PEI and Cape Breton!
1 comment:
That sounds like such a fun trip! I bet it was crazy to be flying solo (along with Sibs). I need to see some more preggo pics :-)
Post a Comment