We have some catching up to do on our blog. We have some great photos of Diane and Sean's cordwood home that we want to post and I just spent a great weekend in Halifax with my wonderful old friends Shannon and Kip that I also need to blog about. But first, I had to share a little about our morning today (I think the grandparents will appreciate this).
Today Kai "graduated" from his first gymnastics class. It was one of those moments where it hits you that your little person is really growing up. I remember blogging last summer about Kai's first pair of shoes and how it hit me when the salesperson asked him to stand on the foot ruler and I was totally taken aback b/c he was a baby, why would he stand on a foot ruler? Those little shoes were size 5.5. This summer Kai is wearing an 8!!!!! So there is no denying that the little man is growing up. I felt that similar throat constriction and tear welling when Kai brought home his first piece of "artwork" from daycare. Well, today there was a little graduation ceremony and Kai accepted his certificate from his gymnastics teacher. He took it in his hand and marveled at it for awhile while I had to fight back tears. I'm not sure if any of the other parents felt the same way. I guess I can blame it on my pregnancy hormones; it doesn't take much these days for me to need a kleenex!
My plan is to start a scrapbook of all this kind of stuff so Kai can look back on it when he is older but just in case that plan never materializes, here is Kai's certificate, saved for posterity in our blog. Enjoy grandparents!
No comments:
Post a Comment