Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Preschooler

Big month for Little T. First she turned 3 and then the next morning, off she marched to preschool wearing a ginormous Lightning McQueen backpack.
She was pretty excited about her first day. She was all smiles (the squinty variety that she saves for official photo ops). I didn't get many photos unfortunately. We were kinda rushed. 
And this one that I took at school turned out to be a video. I'm still getting the hang of my new phone. 


She fell right in line as soon as the whistle blew. She's been getting lots of practice at being a good little student visiting at Kai's school. I've been volunteering there one morning a week and Teia has been my assistant. There were no tears. I was so proud of her. We did a few visits the weeks before and made her a little photo book about her school so she was pretty ready. The second day she was a little more clingy but we made it through. Or maybe she is just saving the drop off fireworks for when Grandma has gone home and I have my hands full and my timelines tight dropping her off first and then Kai. Let's hope not. 

Picking her up has been lots of fun. She is SO happy to see me, all full of hugs and love. And she has been sweetly telling her teachers "I had lots of fun playing with you. I'm going home now. Bye bye!" Then she adds in a dramatic whisper "I have to be quiet so I don't wake up my fwiends" (I pick her up during nap time). 

If you can believe it, there is another Teia in her class (spelled Thea). And the two T-girls seem to have hit it off. Tonight Teia told me she'd be playing with Thea tomorrow. As we walked to the car on Monday she laughed to herself saying "Teia and Thea!"

No more toddlers at our house....sigh....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teia, so happy you are enjoying pre-school.

She certainly is growing up quickly and so beautiful.
Grandma