Friday, October 19, 2012

Happy Birthday T- Girl!

Children's birthdays are exhausting. I am always just wiped out after celebrating one. I guess its all the prep, build up, planning and managing excitement levels so that they're at an optimum, but not too high level. So why am I still up blogging after we've just celebrated T's 3rd birthday? Well last year I think it took me a month or so to find the time to blog her a 2nd birthday post and I just didn't want that to happen again. And its been 6 weeks or so since my last blog, meaning blogging time is just not going to materialize if I just wait for it.

And look at this little face....who wouldn't want to celebrate it til the last hours of her special day?
She had a great day, starting with waking up to her newest animal friend, a ride on horse complete with realistic sound effects. Teia was smitten. She liked him so much she didn't even ask about that real kitten. Then it was off to the mall to visit Build-A-Bear in the hopes of building a pink cat. 
Grandma is here visiting so that made this birthday outing that much more special. 

Success!

Things got a little dicey before nap time when Teia was tired and really ready to open the rest of her presents. She really wanted to get this party started. But somehow I managed to convince her that napping was a good idea. But as soon as she popped up from that nap and her little feet hit the floor she was sprinting to the pile of presents not-so-well concealed in our bedroom. We managed to convince her to wait just a little more so that Daddy could get home and see her open at least one gift on her birthday. The moment he walked in the door she shouted "its Party Time!" (really, she did), and all bets were off. 

Here she sports some of her gifts:
I just love it that she loves her pink glittery cat purse AND her blue angel fighter jet. No pinning this girl down!

For both of our kids, the term "birthday party" really equates to those few short moments of singing Happy Birthday and gazing at the flickering flames of the birthday candles, then EATING CAKE. To them, that is what it is all about. 

Teia couldn't wait and sat at the table decorated to her specifications: cat cupcakes and Dora decor......
Mind you, she hasn't yet eaten one of those homemade (with hidden vegetables) cat cupcakes. She also requested a cake for the candles and singing part and ended up eating that instead. Good thing Kai, Grandma and Daddy were willing to consume my work! (I did have help with the decorating part). 

And here she is waiting for that cake....don't get between a 3 year old and her berfday cake!
And here is a little more photo overkill:
She went to bed a pleased Peach after a happy day. As for me, I'll miss her being 2 (really, I will). But being part of this process of growing her up and watching the little person she is and continues to evolve into is an exciting journey. Happy Birthday Little One xoxoxoxo.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Teia, it was fun sharing it with you!

Love, Grandma