I've mentioned before Second Child Syndrome. This is characterized by a cluster of symptoms including fewer photos and videos and a pretty empty baby book. I hear its very common. But at least we have this blog where we find some time to record some important stuff. As I was changing Teia's diaper this morning I realized how fast she is growing up and that I better record some of the stuff she says before she is not saying it anymore..... :-(
I just love toddler-talk and Teia is pretty good at it:
Pooty = poopy
Mommy, I tootied! (giggle, giggle) I tootied again = usually said while passing gas as her diaper is being changed.
Watch out Puppy and Meow, zippas coming! = also said on the change table as I am about to zip up her jammies, with Puppy and Meow raised safely over her head.
Wook Mommy/Daddy/Kai!!!! = said while enthusiastically pointing.
Wha's disa guy? = Teia's version of "what's that?"
Sowwy Mommy/Daddy/Kai = for some reason, she apologizes all of the time (part of her Canadian blood).
Ipad, Ipad, Ipad, IPAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! = this is usually followed by flinging herself dramatically to the ground if the Ipad doesn't appear (another symptom of Second Child Syndrome).
Peabop!! I saw Peabop at the zoo!!!! = Love this one. Said the other night while looking at her animal book. She really enjoyed watching the free roaming peacocks (just in case you weren't sure what a peabop was).
Meow, wanna feep with Puppy? = this is followed by Meow vigorously nodding his head and Teia and Meow are placed into her crib to nap with Puppy who is already there.
Teia did it!!! = accompanied by huge smiles over whatever feat she just accomplished.
Here ya go Mommy = usually said as she places rejected foodstuffs on my plate, sometimes pre-chewed.
Open mouth! = sung to us whenever she wishes to feed us. It is sweet but beware what she proffers.
Daddy/Mommy, I funny!
Too woud! (loud)
Mommy where did the baby wyan (lion) go? =everything is a baby and a mommy or daddy, even big trees and small trees are mommy and baby trees.
And particularly endearing - today at lunchtime she looks across the table and says "Mommy, I wike dinosaurs and puppy tails." After I acknowledged what she said, she added "Mommy wike dinosaurs and puppy tails?"
Tonight as I'm leaving her bedroom "feep tight Mommy!" Awwwwww......
1 comment:
Parenthood might be hard work but the rewards are well worth it!
You are smart to record these special moments.... I have to rely on my memory because I never committed those special moments to paper.
Mom
Post a Comment