Saturday, July 2, 2011

San Diegans

Well, we're here. Sorry no photos. The camera is out of batteries and we can't find the charger. Do you want the good stuff first or the not so good? Let's end on a happy note why don't we. The bad stuff: the kids are driving the parents batty, in particular, this parent. I'm trying to be patient but they both decided now would be a good time to demonstrate the extremes in their personalities. How many times did I carry a kicking and screaming little miss diva today? Don't ask. Thank goodness she is ridiculously cute and has personality X100.

Hmmmm, what else? Kai and I got locked in the laundry room during Teia's nap while Greg was on base for a few hours. That was kinda scary. Thank goodness the AT&T guy was on his way over and had good ears and let us out. It would have been a looooong and stressful afternoon if we'd had to wait til Greg got home. We have carefully checked all other such doors that might pose such a hazard. Once Teia woke up and realized there was a new man in the house she decided he could be Poppa for the afternoon. While he hooked up our internet she typed happily beside him on Daddy's computer, smiling up at him and pointing to the computer saying "Poppa, jibber jabber jibber jabber." He was pretty taken. Usually the Poppas she picks bear some resemblance to her own cadre of Poppas but this one more closely resembled Bob Marley.

We've been in the house now for 2 days and I'm already stiff and sore thanks to the air mattress we're sleeping on, and from sitting on the floor. The only furniture we have is a toddler table and 4 toddler chairs. We look pretty funny at dinner time all sitting at this tiny table. But Greg looks particularly funny. Darn that missing camera battery! Its a bummer b/c we have at least another week to wait for real furniture. But the kids are enjoying all the running space.

The good stuff: so far we really like San Diego! People are friendly, weather is great, our new house is awesome, yoga is cheap. We love our pool and the kids can't wait to get in there everyday. Although Teia has been absolutely traumatized by her beloved family members going down the slide. Today she even begged Greg not to "No, Dadda!" But we convinced her to clap afterwards and she seems to be coming round. Our fruit trees are full and we've already had guacamole made from backyard avos. It is kind of cool checking avocado, grapefruit and oranges off our grocery list! Greg bought an avocado picker tonight at home depot. Who would have guessed they sold those things? So overall, I'd say we're settling in well. I'll stop there b/c during the time it has taken to type this post I have lost all sensation in my butt sitting on the floor so I will go climb into my air mattress and hope for a good night's sleep! Stay tuned for the next chapter of Fennell Adventures ....

3 comments:

sunnywave said...

hurray!!! arrived to san diego!!! xoxoxo love and hugs

Mom P said...

I really enjoyed catching up on all of your news. Life is full of ups and downs but you two rise above it all. Congratulations on all of your achievements thus far...I am sure there are many more to come and many laughs and smiles along the way. i can't imagine how you will feel when you look back on this blog five years from now. Most of us only have vague memories of what we did and how we felt at the time but your blog is full of real emotion.

all my love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

No news!! Just checking in on you guys. Hugs all around:)
xo
Christy