I think it is the first time that my entire family has been together for Christmas in a long time. I know I haven't shared Christmas with my sister in forever, so it really was special. To make it an extra awesome time, we had baby Dax with us this year and what is more special than a newborn? I am so grateful that I had the chance to see and hold him while he is still so small.
One of my favorite memories of our time in Ontario was skating on the canal. It was a pretty warm day so we were able to be out for quite awhile. It was so great to look around and see my family just having fun and enjoying the winter day. Hubs donned some skates for the first time ever and can you say AWESOME??? Check this out! The Canadian accent you hear belongs to Uncle "Mock."
Kai had his first experience on skates too! Uncle Meeko scooted him around so the little man could test out his hockey legs. Mine were a little wobbly as well, given that it was my first time on skates in about 7 years but once I got going, I remembered why I loved playing hockey so much! Made me want to shout "My name is Louise and I AM CANADIAN!" (Now if you are an american friend reading this blog, you might not get it ;-).
Teia, being little, was sled-bound, but she didn't mind so long as we kept her moving quickly. I think there might be a little of the dare devil in this one! Here are the munchkins with cousin Allie. They really were having fun!
Below is a video from Christmas Day that was just too cute to omit.
We managed to get ourselves on skates again today. We missed the ambience of the frozen Canadian canal but we had fun nonetheless. Kai loved it and we skated as long as my burning quads and hunched over back could take it, with the little man alternating b/tw running on skates, being leisurely pushed along and sliding onto his bum which he thought was oh so hilarious!


2 comments:
oooh ice skating!!!! my michigan roots are coming back with awesome memories of outdoor and indoor skating. *sigh*. love these pics!
Lovely pictures and videos. You manage to pack at least 30 hours into every 24 hour day!
Mom
Post a Comment