Sunday, September 19, 2010

Our 18s

I am not sure why the formatting for this post is like this. To be honest I'm too tired to try and fix it. Greg posted on here last...I'll blame him.

Yesterday Greg blogged about his birthday where he made the best of it despite having 2 sick kiddos to obstruct (notice I did not say ruin) his plans for his birthday. They were merely obstructed and modified. I modified my plans for today too. I had planned to ride a metric century to meet some new peeps and check out some new roads but persistent sickness at our house prevented that today too. Oh well.

Yesterday our "18s" Greg and Teia (Kai and I are the "27s"), celebrated Greg's birthday and Teia's 11 month birthday. It has become a tradition for me to blog about her on her month "birthdays" so I didn't want to miss this one, the last before the BIG 1.0 So here she is with her Daddy in all her runny-nosed glory turning 11 months old the same day Daddy turned the big 3-7.

I love this shot, even if she is smeared in snot. I can't get enough of those cheeks :-)

The little one has been busy since my 10 month post. She has taken some steps but she continues to use bouncing as one of her main forms of getting around, in addition to crawling and walking everywhere holding onto someone's hand. I am constantly amazed at how confident she is about movement despite being so little. The other day she climbed up onto Kai's trampoline all by herself, crawled over to the handle and pulled up on it and then proceeded to jump. Her little feet didn't actually leave the tramp but she gave it all she had! Any time she finds anything bouncy: a bed, even a pillow, she tries to jump for all she's worth.

Teia has also started giving kisses: big, sloppy, open mouthed baby kisses. Because Kai imitates everything Teia does, he has also started giving his kisses with a big open mouth. It is a little more frightening when a 3 year old comes at you with a big ol' open mouth full of 20 sharp little teeth! But when T does it, it is pretty cute. She likes to try and kiss other kids too. Some of them like it, others not so much.
Teia has earned another nickname too: Teia the Tornado. If you visited our house, you'd know why. She is into everything. She looks innocent enough in this photo but after she smiled sweetly at the camera she emptied the contents of the kitchen all over the hallway floor. Then she moved on to the real kitchen where she emptied anything should could find onto the floor there too. Nothing is safe from Teia the Tornado.

Teia really does not like being sick. She is one of the grumpiest sick people you can meet. Which is really different for her b/c she is a truly jolly little person. So to distract her from her unhappiness yesterday we took her apple picking and to her first pumpkin patch. She thought the pumpkins were pretty neat. I am just learning to use my fancy new camera but I love the pic below and can't wait to get some great photos of the kiddos this fall. Happy 11 months Teia Bean...can't believe you will be 1 so soon!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those really are gorgeous pictures!

Mom

Sara said...

Too cool. I haven't read your blog in some time but ut was nice to catch back up. Teia is getting so big. Crazy how time flies, uh? Happy B-Day to Greg.

-Ryan