Given that I've been around awhile, my pregnancy is under close surveillance. Today was the first of what will be monthly ultrasounds. In September we begin our twice weekly non-stress tests in addition to ultrasounds, and weekly OB appointments. Growing this baby is keeping me busy!!!! Everything looked great today at our 28 week ultrasound. Sibs is estimated to weigh about 2.9 lbs right now which is right on track. The ultrasound tech said that actually puts our due date at Oct. 11th (instead of Oct. 12th) but that is neither here nor there. So far Fennell babies don't seem to pay much attention to their due dates. We're still in the dark as to whether Kai will have a brother or a sister, although while the tech was checking our Sibs' body parts today I saw something huge in the vicinity of his/her bladder. I thought the tech might have goofed up and forgotten to tell me to look away....but before you go out and buy blue, on reflection, given the sheer size of what I saw, I think perhaps it was a leg!!!
So that is the update on Sibs. S/he was busy wiggling his/her toes and stretching his/her feet up over his/her head this morning while on candid camera. As for Mama, well let's just say that it wasn't her favorite obstetrical visit. The lovely and charming nurse practitioner greeted her with a pleasant "I see you don't have trouble gaining weight!" Where do they train these people?
1 comment:
congrats on the happy development of sibs!!! and honestly, i don't know...two weeks ago, two people came up to me and said, 'so are you pregnant?' hello?! lol. and while they were definitely friendly acquaintances, i was totally caught off guard. xxoxoxo hugs and love to the fennels!!! sunnywave, b.d., and the squirrel
Post a Comment