Tuesday, May 27, 2014

100 Days

Greg and I have a new challenge. Well, its not so new; we started in mid-April but its taken me awhile to document any of it. Its a 100 day challenge - 100 work outs in 100 days. This was inspired by a friend of mine who posted to Facebook the day she finished her 100 day challenge. Feeling a little un-inspired in my athletic life this year and discouraged by injuries and illness, I thought it might be just what we needed to spice things up a bit. Told Greg about it and he was immediately on board, although a little concerned about how we'd pull it off. We made up our own rules - work out minimum: 20 minutes in order to count. Other rules have evolved as we've gone along. Like the rule that a two-fer day can take the place of a missed day. So we've built in a little flexibility, and we've needed it!

We're on Day 45. Hard to believe we're almost half way there. I made it to Day 41 without taking a break but then waking up in the morning with a 101 fever and not being able to stay awake longer than 30 minutes made it so I had to miss a day. Stubbornly I ran the following day with the same fever but realized 20 minutes in what a silly thing that was to do.... but I got in my 20 minutes so it counted, stupid as it may have been.

Greg has missed a few more b/c he got really sick on his trip to Hawaii and has had a few uber long days at work where working out would have cut into the 5 hours available for sleep. He's had plenty of two-fers though with his bike commuting so he's really not far off the pace.

I can't say we're all that much fitter yet. At least I'm not, but I can do chin ups again and that really impresses the kids. Maybe by the time we hit 100 days (sometime in July) we'll be nice and fit. Or nice and ready for a week off!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very impressive! Keep up the good work. I'll check in on day 100.