It seems they both have their own distinctive decorating style too. Kai was contemplative about his placements, beginning at the back of the tree and then settling on the front lower left (I was going to say corner but fir trees don't really have corners now do they). He particularly enjoyed checking out ornaments he made in years past. Teia on the other hand was rather speedy, filling up the front lower right (corner?) quickly and demanding ornaments as fast as we could unpack them.
You can see the bottom of the tree is rather "busy." Greg and I did some rearranging after the pint size decorators were asleep.
It really was fun. Drinking egg nog and watching the kids decorate. It wasn't even sunny for a change so felt mildly Christmassy. And Kai decided he really enjoyed hanging out under the tree. Don't think I've seen him stay so still for so long, maybe ever!
Although Teia talks all day long and has something to say about pretty much anything, she still has some remaining "baby-isms" when she talks. She says things like "Please I can?" and "Them are going to eat something now." Her pronunciation of Christmas is getting better. A month ago I couldn't always understand her. But sometimes it does still sound like "breakfast." At least Kai thinks so. He couldn't stop laughing about our "Breakfast Tree."
2 comments:
Love this!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3
I just love Teia's "Breakfast Tree"! When we were there at Christmas she had certainly mastered the ability of saying Christmas quite distinctly.
I wish there was such a handsome boy under my christams Tree. Oh well, maybe next year!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment