Last weekend we hiked with the kids and another family. It was alot of fun. There was even a snake sighting! And I got these fantastic photos of our little cow girl. Teia has been in love with most of the animal kingdom pretty much her whole life but she's real keen on horses lately. Combine that with her latest obsession with Toy Story 3 and you get this:
Yes, she actually hiked for over an hour with a stick horse b/tw her legs. We discovered that it actually slowed her down which was a good thing. I always get a little nervous hiking in mountain lion country when my lil cougar snacks get too far down the trail squealing and being silly.
This part of the hike was pretty hot and dusty but we did come upon a shady area with a creek and small pond where the kids watched dragon flies and fish and got to listen to a bull frog. Pretty awesome.
Along the way we found an awesome huge rock. Greg and I have been talking lately about taking Kai to a climbing wall and by the way he approached this rock, I think we're onto something.
The successful climbers!
Teia wasn't too impressed that we didn't let her climb up but she did enjoy hanging out with her friend Nina. You'd never guess who is almost 4 and who is 2 and a half in this photo. We seem to grow big kids.
Back at the visitor's center there were stuffed cats for sale. We managed to get out of there without buying one but not before Teia spent as much time as she could with as many stuffed cats as she could fit in her arms! I really, really want to find some real live kittens for this poor cat-obsessed child to play with, although I'm not entirely sure that the outcome of that would be what we'd like it to be...
In the meantime, we're getting really brave on our quest for wilderness and going tent camping tomorrow. Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment