Both of our kids had their susus (also known as soother, pacifier, binky) until they were over two. With Kai it was a covert op as he agreeably left his in his crib whenever he woke up. The day we took it away, in typical Kai fashion, it was no biggie. With Teia, not so much. She even got some new ones a few weeks ago.
But today I would have missed a funny and precious moment with her had I done the "right thing" and taken her susus away already. She stopped on a walk and wrapped her arms around a streetlamp pole. I wondered what the heck she was doing. Then she gently bonked her susu against the pole; it made a pleasant tinging sound. "Mommy!" she said, "I'm making music." I thought this was pretty funny and since Teia loves to make people laugh she kept doing it. And then she moved onto the bumpers of parked cars!
See what I would have missed!
1 comment:
A precious moment indeed and you are so smart to record it. I remember many precious moments when you were little but I am sure I have also forgotten many more because I never wrote them down!
Mom
Post a Comment