Saturday, October 22, 2011

Beautiful Wedding

We just returned home from a teaser trip to the mountains to take part in M & A's incredible wedding. I say a teaser trip b/c it was near torture to be back in what used to be my mountain playground with 2 kids in tow and a gimpy foot. But we made the best of it and just enjoyed the wilderness peaks from the sidelines. I thought I had some good shots until I saw some sneak peaks of the official wedding photos and I have to say, I think they are the most amazing wedding photos I have ever seen. Not hard to do when you have a gorgeous bride and groom and breathtaking scenery.
I must say, our kids were pretty darn cute, as were Em and Allie, T's fellow flower girls. Buds was confident as he strode down the aisle - he chose to go by himself (he took his job carrying bunny bearing rings very seriously) but Daddy stayed close behind just in case. He even encouraged Emily during the rehearsal when she was a bit nervous.
I didn't get a shot of the 3 flower girls coming down the aisle (escorted by me b/c one little flower girl was a wee bit unsure of the whole thing). They looked absolutely adorable in their ivory dresses with red shoes, hair clips and purses. They loved their purses!
 Little T wasn't too crazy about the idea of standing up at the front after she walked down the aisle but you can get a glimpse of her cuteness. Having never really dressed her up before we were pretty smitten with our little "princess."
Everyone had a really great time and there were quite a few dancin' fools that night. Our kids stayed out later than ever before they were having so much fun (after 10 pm!) Every time I asked Kai if he had had enough he told me wanted more dancing. And Teia just never stopped moving and you couldn't wipe the smile from her face. From the photographic evidence, I surmised that alot more dancin' foolery went on after we took the little'uns home to bed. But here are some of the "early" evening dancing.....
You may not be familiar with this dance. Its called the "Gordon dance"(inspired by the #4 engine from Thomas the Train in case you were a little unsure), - Kai was teaching Allie. 










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You got some great shots. What a beautiful Bride & handsome Groom. Not to mention those gorgeous flower girls and the handsome ring boy. I am so proud to be related to all of them!! I guess as the mother-in-law, mother and grandmother I am allowed to brag.
Mom