Obviously this is a little man who loves birthdays! Kai isn't so much about the presents but he loves the singing, candles and cake and ice cream that goes along with such a milestone!
It is really hard to believe Kai is FOUR! For some reason, four seems more incredulous than 1, 2 or 3. Maybe b/c it seems to mark the gateway from being a really little person and the transition into full kid-hood. I think the tattoos, blue nail polish and words like "dummy" appearing in Kai's vocabulary are proof enough that he is now full on kid!
I am going to steal an idea from a friend's blog and post a few "memory lane" photos:
The Birth-day
1 year old beach baby
2 years old
3 years old - ice cream theme continues!
Handsome 4 year old having his fav lunch!
And a few more photos of the birthday man, dressed in some stylin' threads courtesy of his very cool aunt and uncle.
Today we celebrated with Kai's friends at his favorite place, TumbleKids. Kai has been waiting very patiently, asking everyday since his birthday if we can go to TumbleKids for his party.
As you can see, TumbleKids is a very fun place!
And yesterday we all went for a paddle on the Concord River, which together with its many bridges ("they're all over the place!" as Kai said), is one of Kai's favorite things. Granddad has been here to share in the festivities which has made it extra fun!
And just in case getting back to the blog takes forever again, here are two cute pics of Granddad and the kids that I couldn't resist sharing:

2 comments:
OMG!! I can't believe I forgot Kai's birthday!!!??? Where has the time gone? I remember the day he was born. He is soooo handsome :-) And it looks like he had a great day! Give him big hugs from us!
happy, happy birthday!!!! i know...four is just...real kid time...tumble kids looks awesome!!!! also, love the 1 year beach baby...sigh...can't wait for the kids to be all together playing on the beach one day! xoxo
Post a Comment