Hey all, Teia here again. Today was my 1st birthday. My mommy keeps saying she can't believe I'm already 1 but as for me, this day couldn't come fast enough. (Only 15 more to go before I can start bugging daddy for the car keys to hit the beach w/ the peeps.)
I'm not quite sure what the big to-do is about 1st year birthdays. We had another woman w/ a big camera come and take like a kajillion pictures of me in an extra long white dress that was classified by mommy as "Adorable". I think this is somewhere between "Tooo cute" and "Precious".
Anyhoo, I wasn't too impressed with pictures at nine-oclock-naptime and I was able to maintain a pretty stern contenance until Poppa Mike came outside. By then, I broke down and let a few smiles out before clamping my jaw shut again. Grandma & Poppa Mike came down for a visit and kept me and my bro entertained while mommy conjured up some yum-yum soup for our big din-din. I think I'll keep my mommy, she's aight :-)

Until she put this ridiculous contraption of a hat on my head. With an elastic string that was a virtual tourniquet on my jaw! Not cool, peoples... Everyone was laughing too. What, is this some sort of big 1-year birthday joke??? We'll see who's laughing at 3am later tonight, people!
Fortunately, amends were quickly made w/ this hum-dinger of a cake. Look at this thing! Its like as big as me! Mommy left it in front of me for 5 minutes - I was so shocked I could barely react, but I was able to scoop out a few slurps before it was taken away to be shared by all those people who were laughing at me earlier. I was about to protest this injustice when mommy gave me some more cake & ice cream. OK, deal.
1 comment:
love, love, love this post!!!! one year flies by sooo fast!!! xoxoxo happy birthday little peach, you're amazing!
Post a Comment