As I type, we can hear his feet pit-pattering around his bedroom. I went up to tell him to get in his bed (which he did) but as I left the room, I heard a tired, hopeful little voice call out "Easter Day! Easter Day!" Yes, someone is REALLY looking forward to chocolate bunnies, eggs, and other bunnified things tomorrow. (we avoid those little yellow marshmallow peeps like the plague in the Fennell household)
Here are some pics of Kai taking part in egg coloring. I was really looking forward to egg coloring, but was quickly reminded how much of a letdown it can be. Take a look at the box the coloring stuff came in:
Now a look at the final product:
Kinda reminds you of a fast food advertisement vs reality, doesn't it? Nevertheless, we still had fun and Kai was so pumped, he ate one of his Easter eggs for lunch without a moment hesitation. Hmmm, it was so easy to get him to eat an egg, I'm thinking we might have to introduce Kai to the lesser known but slightly more nutritious holidays such as Happy Asparagus April Day, Holy Spinach Second Sunday, and Billy the Brave Broccoli Memorial Day (in memory of Brave Billy the Broccoli who saved his younger fellow florets from the evil weavel bug while still completing his homework by 7pm, brushing his teeth, and putting away ALL his toys. A VERY special day, kiddies!)
Finally, here's the coup d'etat of the weekend - a video of Louise and Kai singing "Peter Cottontail"!! I apologize for the shaky camera; it was the least I could do not to burst out laughing while watching our patient little singer belt out the tunes between hearty swigs of the cows' finest.
No comments:
Post a Comment