Despite missing Hawaii all the time, we really have been enjoying the change of seasons. The seasons do change in Hawaii and the longer you live there you learn to look for the signs: the sun rising and setting in different spots on the ocean horizon, the scent of white ginger in the air, more rain and cooler nights. But to be honest, it is pretty subtle. Not so here in New England. This part of the world is surprisingly heavily treed with mostly deciduous trees so seasonal change is displayed in all its splendor. Lately, we're being treated to a wonderful display of fruit trees in bloom: cherry, apple, crab apple, pear. Not only is it stunning, it smells great! I have to say, I think a cherry tree in bloom smells almost as good as a pua kenikeni.
We are fortunate to live right across the road from a retirement community with beautiful, peaceful grounds and fantastic landscaping. It is like having our own private park.

Here are Greg and Kai relaxing on Friday evening during our after dinner stroll. This spring evening was feeling a little bit like summer!






I couldn't resist this shot!
Aren't these tulips amazing???? I would like to take credit and pass them off as the ones that I planted in my front garden.
But, alas, these are my tulips - mere stumps, amputated by the teeth of hungry deer. No one told me that I had to protect my dear flowers from these critters. We did buy some putriscent egg salad spray but it was too little, too late. We'll know better for next year!
We added this shot just to prove that Kai does, in fact, get tired and chill sometimes. During our after dinner stroll, he decided after walking the entire retirement community grounds that he'd like mommy to carry him like a baby for a little while before we got home. Mommy was happy to oblige, knowing that pretty soon there will be no more carrying Kai for awhile. Seems that tummy is poking out already!!!
1 comment:
What beautiful pictures...it makes me miss spring!! I can smell the flowers through the computer :-) I can't believe your little baby is growing up! And BTW you look GREAT!!! Thanks for the pic :-)
Post a Comment